- Post Punk Kitchen – Vegan Recipes & Awesomeness - http://www.theppk.com -
Super Moist Pumpkin Bread
Posted By IsaChandra On October 20, 2008 @ 3:36 am In Holiday,Quickbreads,Recipe,Thanksgiving | 58 Comments
The bread gets its name Super Moist from the addition of an unusual ingredient: coconut milk! This bread is so good that most people (even vegans) don’t believe that it’s vegan.
(2) 8″ x 4″ loaf pans
1 cup chopped walnuts
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup coconut milk
2/3 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8″ x 4″ loaf pans.
2. Spread walnuts in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add the pumpkin puree, oil, and coconut milk, and mix until all of the flour is absorbed. Fold in the flaked coconut and toasted walnuts. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
4. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and cover loaves tightly with foil. Allow to steam for 10 minutes. Remove foil, and turn out onto a cooling rack. Tent loosely with the foil, and allow to cool completely.
Article printed from Post Punk Kitchen – Vegan Recipes & Awesomeness: http://www.theppk.com
URL to article: http://www.theppk.com/2008/10/super-moist-pumpkin-bread/
Copyright © 2011 Post Punk Kitchen - Vegan Recipes & Awesomeness. All rights reserved.