- Post Punk Kitchen – Vegan Recipes & Awesomeness - http://www.theppk.com -
Baketivist Idea: Bakezines for the Holidays
Posted By IsaChandra On October 1, 2010 @ 4:55 am In Uncategorized | 17 Comments
Introducing someone to vegan baking is a cinch. Just provide them with some simple recipes! The problem is, cookbooks can be daunting and an online recipe is kind of impersonal. With all the social networking and email lists these days, if you send someone a link they probably won’t even open it.
If you create your own little bakezine, your friends & family will find it almost impossible not to try their hand at a few vegan treats. You can send the zine as a holiday card if you just leave space on the back for the address and staple it shut. that way no envelope is even required and it will get even more personality with the postage markings. Win win win!
Here are a few tips and ideas if you need ‘em.
1) Use reliable recipes that you love.
2) Pick only a handful of your faves, 3 to 5 is good.
3) Try to choose the ones with the simplest ingredients (no egg replacer or agar agar, for instance).
4) Write your own intro. For example “I first made these for a bakesale to raise money to put a disco ball on the corner of 24th street.” Write whatever your experience was with the recipe. Even if it doesn’t seem interesting to you, it will bring warmth and happiness to the recipients! Promise. You can mention where the recipe is originally from, but it’s your zine, so say what you like!
5) Handwritten is fun! If your handwriting is legible, that is.
Above all, have fun and speak from your heart. People will get excited about baking and especially about baking vegan! It’s liberating to not have to worry about the finickiness of dairy and eggs, not to mention the salmonella, so most new bakers really do take to vegan baking.
Article printed from Post Punk Kitchen – Vegan Recipes & Awesomeness: http://www.theppk.com
URL to article: http://www.theppk.com/2010/10/baketivist-idea-bakezines-for-the-holidays/
Copyright © 2011 Post Punk Kitchen - Vegan Recipes & Awesomeness. All rights reserved.