January 6, 2011

Orange Cranberry Muffins

Makes 12 muffins

The holidays are over, but the cranberries linger on! I always have a bunch of odds and ends left over from my whirlwind of holiday baking and cooking. This year I had a lot of citrus and cranberries, so these muffins from Vegan Brunch were the perfect getaway plan.

There’s a lot to love about these muffins – their bright orange flavor and tangy cranberry bite. But the ingredients aren’t just yummy, they’re really convenient, too. You don’t even need any non-dairy milk, just the juice from the oranges. I’ve made these with reduced fat, too. Just use 1/3 cup apple sauce and 1 tablespoon of oil instead of all the oil called for. Also, nuts are optional, I left them out this time around.

2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons orange zest
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
1 cup pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a muffin tin.

In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center and add canola oil, orange juice, zest and vanilla. Mix just until all wet ingredients are moistened. About 1/2 way through mixing add the cranberries and nuts.

Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for 23 to 27 minutes, until lightly browned on top and a toothpick or knife inserted through the center comes out clean. When cool enough to handle, transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.

• January 6, 2011 at 11:58 pm: Amy

Thank you! I’ve been dying to make cranberry orange muffins all week, but I wasn’t sure which recipe to use. These will be made tonight.

• January 7, 2011 at 12:32 am: Jen M.

Mmmmmm. These look really good!

• January 7, 2011 at 2:52 am: The Therapist in the Kitchen

Cranberries are actually one of my favorite foods. They are sweet and tart, healthy, and great in so many recipes (and even raw).

• January 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm: Lauren

I do in fact have leftover cranberries, and they are definitely going to be put towards making these muffins!

• January 7, 2011 at 3:06 pm: Gina

lovely photo. have dried cranberries, and always have oranges, but no time. this recipe goes directly into the folder entitled “make asap”. thanks!

• January 7, 2011 at 3:15 pm: Gina

AND, this post is a reminder to buy Vegan Brunch when next in a place where Amazon delivers. Merci, encore.

• January 7, 2011 at 4:08 pm: Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day

Yum.. those are beautiful.

• January 7, 2011 at 6:19 pm: sarah

Yum! In the oven baking as I type…
    Thanks so much for your new cookbook. I became vegan for health reasons a couple of years ago and love the look of all your recipes, but was limited due to fat restrictions. Your new cookbook is the perfect fit for me and I can’t wait to try out all the recipes! Just what I was looking for!

• January 7, 2011 at 8:36 pm: Amy

Love these muffins!! A tip though – in an effort to be healthy, I subbed 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour and 1 cup barley flour for the all-purpose, and they kind of fell apart after the first bite. Isa, I am a huge fan and love, love, love your recipes but especially your comments at the beginning of each recipe. They are little literary gems to me! :) Keep on inspiring us in the vegan kitchen!

• January 8, 2011 at 12:48 am: Jennifer (It Ain't Meat, Babe)

Also, FYI, these are good when the cranberries are replaced by chocolate chips if the baker is in dire need of something desserty. :)

• January 8, 2011 at 7:11 am: Laura in Taos

…and they’re in the oven at midnight here in the Sangre de Cristos – subbed 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour.

High Altitude Modifications: Sugar – 1/3 + 1/4 cup; Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsps; Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp.

• January 8, 2011 at 4:30 pm: Matthew

OMG! Those look so delicious! Can’t wait to try them out! I love your cookbooks by the way…

And I started a vegan cooking blog myself if everyone wants to check it out:

Leave your comments and let me know what you think! Thanks!!

• January 11, 2011 at 1:52 am: Kristi

These. Are. Delicious. My non-vegan sister was shocked to know that there were no “crazy” ingredients in these. No egg?? She’s still warming up to the idea that I’m vegan :P Thanks for the keeper. P.S. I also made your Chocolate – Chocolate Chip Pancakes for her. I think I make those for everyone who eats breakfast/brunch at our house. I realize your recipe says for the “special occasion” or Valentine’s Day, but I do it to impress the non-vegan skeptics. Right on.

• January 11, 2011 at 10:35 am: Elise

This recipe rules so hard. Much to my dismay, I didn’t have any leftover fresh cranberries & they’ve been stripped from the shelves at my local grocery stores. Anyone reading this – if you find yourself in a similar predicament, just reconstitute dried cranberries by putting them in a bowl with orange juice until they have absorbed all of the juice and are plump/saturated with tons of orange flavor.

I made these this morning, put streusel on half of them & didn’t even feel bad about devouring two. Everyone else who came hustling into the kitchen because they made the house smell so delicious thought they were amazing, too. They’re perfectly moist and spongey without being heavy. Amazing flavor combination, too. Thanks for the recipe, Isa!

• January 12, 2011 at 2:26 am: Lenore

This is, without a doubt, my most favorite muffin recipe ever. My mother-in-law is insane about these and wants me to make them whenever she comes over.

• January 14, 2011 at 3:13 am: Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger)

I love cranberries and pecans, and anything with orange zest is my friend. this recipe looks wonderful, and I love your photos.

• January 14, 2011 at 1:49 pm: ZEE (SexyTofuBlog)

These were a huge hit. Thanks!!

• January 15, 2011 at 3:39 am: MIchelle

Will this not work with the white whole wheat flour vs using the all purpose

• January 15, 2011 at 3:47 pm: IsaChandra

That would work just fine!

• January 17, 2011 at 7:11 pm: Nicole

Yum! They look so fluffy and delicious!

• January 18, 2011 at 12:17 am: Jennifer Licata

The taste of these is fantastic, but they didn’t rise as much as other muffins I’ve made. Could that be due to the orange juice? I love love love the flavor, but wondering if I could get them to rise more with soy milk?

• January 18, 2011 at 9:15 pm: Kay

They just came out of the oven and I’m having a hard time not devouring them all!!!! For those who are counting that is 275kcal of yuminess each without the nuts.

• January 19, 2011 at 6:01 am: Peymei

I used dried cranberries instead of fresh, and plumped them up in warm water beforehand as per recommendation above. Also sprinkled some extra sugar on top before baking. Great texture and sweet/tart flavor – I recommend throwing some in a bag for your winter day hikes. They hold up well and help you back down the mountain.

• January 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm: Cate

I think the recipe can use a bit more of sugar. Also, the baking time is too long. You would need to keep checking on them to prevent burning/overbaking. Since I didn’t have orange/zest,. I used orange juice with lots of pulp. I would need to play with this recipe for a little bit.

• January 23, 2011 at 3:13 am: miss juli

These are tasty! Just made them and sub’d 1/3 C Agave for the sugar (would maybe use 1/2 C next time) and used frozen cranberries instead, also added 1/4 flax meal.
    The whole house smelled so good while they were cooking, they really would be a great brunch muffin!! :D

• January 25, 2011 at 8:22 pm: Lisa

I have $6.00 to my name and hardly any food in the house but, YES!!! Somehow I have all the ingredients to make these. My boyfriend is away for the week and I have PMS. I am going to make these and eat them all before he comes back. I KNOW they are going to be great because your recipes are SOOOOOO.. good. You rock!

• January 27, 2011 at 1:21 pm: stacey

how can i make mini cupcakes & muffins work..ie..stay yummy & moist. I tried with your yummmmmy lemon cupcakes..they were so dry. I love all your cupcakes!!! & so does my family…vegans & non-vegans!

• January 27, 2011 at 5:34 pm: IsaChandra

Don’t overbake them and once cooled, keeping them wrapped in plastic until ready to frost. But smaller baked goods do tend to dry out faster than the big guys.

• January 27, 2011 at 8:47 pm: Sam (Quantum Vegan)

Genius! I love cranberry orange. The local grocery store used to make a cranberry orange bagel (no egg wash, 100% vegan, score!), but alas, no more. I must make these.

• January 27, 2011 at 9:13 pm: Koryn

These were fantastic!

• January 28, 2011 at 1:00 am: stacey

Thanks! The chocolate mini cupcakes were awesome, with the buttercream frosting! I turned the heat down to 325 & baked them for 11 minutes…perfect! Keep coming with all your delicious recipes.

• January 28, 2011 at 4:03 am: Sophie

These are so good! I did not have cranberries so I used blueberries instead, I would have used a few less blueberries but other than that all worked well! Shall try it with actual cranberries soon! :)

• February 5, 2011 at 6:10 pm: Sam Wibatt

These are very tasty! Just pulled my first batch from the oven, and I’m sure I’ll be making them again.

Like others above, I used dried cranberries (sweetened, since that’s what I could find) and soaked them in hot water while getting all the other ingredients ready. I used 1/2 cup of them, measured dry, and that wasn’t enough for my taste – next time will use 3/4 or 1 cup, I think.

Many thanks for the recipe.

• February 11, 2011 at 9:24 pm: Eliza

Hi Isa,

These look divine! Anything I can do to lower the amount of oil, or should I just suck it up and go with it?

• February 12, 2011 at 12:54 am: IsaChandra

You can totally do 1/2 apple sauce 1/2 oil!

• February 12, 2011 at 1:55 am: djh

Absolutely fantastic. Made with white whole wheat flour. Light. Thank you!!!

• February 27, 2011 at 7:32 pm: Christa

I made these with some fresh blueberries and my family loved them! Thanks for sharing!

• April 21, 2011 at 3:20 pm: bronwen

love love love! I substituted 1/2 applesauce for half the oil, 1 cup whole wheat flour for half the flour, and used dried cranberries (plumped up with hot water). DELISH MUFFINS!

• April 29, 2011 at 11:55 pm: Michelle

These are the BEST! I’ve made them with blueberries instead, and they turn out great. Also these frozen mixed berries that Trader Joe’s carries – blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and I think cherries and they are divine!

• May 2, 2011 at 6:11 pm: Cierra

Isa, I have made these probably about 10 times since you have posted this recipe. I make them for neighbors, coworkers, and family. I have been buying frozen cranberries in bulk so I always have them in my freezer. The oranges I get from my tree ;-). Seriously, this is the best recipe I have ever followed. THANKS!

• May 5, 2011 at 5:58 pm: Gary

Made these last night, with the 1/2 applesauce – 1/2 oil combo, and with Craisins plumped in OJ as suggested in a previous comment. Man, these are delicious; almost addictive. We’ve been eating them like crazy!

• May 14, 2011 at 1:01 am: Faith

What aboutsubstituting Splenda for the sugar?

• June 10, 2011 at 4:20 am: Traci

I made these for my co-workers who raved about them. Great recipe!!

• June 16, 2011 at 8:38 pm: Robbyn

these are awesome! i made them, and my family who are most definitely NOT vegan couldn’t stop raving about them!

• June 17, 2011 at 4:59 pm: amanda

Question: do you think I could make this into a bread instead?

• July 3, 2011 at 6:17 pm: Lynleih

How come it didn’t work for me???
    Cocktail stick always came out covered in cake mix. even after 45 minutes. I just get a squishy mess inside a hard chewy case.
    What am I doing wrong??

• July 17, 2011 at 1:04 am: Louise

@lynleih, if the temp of your oven is correct, my guess would be that you are overmixing the batter. Muffins are notorious for wanting only the barest mixing, metal spoon rather than elec beaters are best.

• July 25, 2011 at 4:13 pm: Lynleih

Thanks Louise, giving them another go =)

• August 8, 2011 at 4:06 am: Matt

“Mix just until all wet ingredients are moistened”. This should be until dry ingredients are moistened, right? :-) The recipe looks fantastic. I will give it a go! I love reading your blog.

• September 26, 2011 at 12:57 pm: Malle

I made these with lemon frosting. Oh how yummy!!

• October 14, 2011 at 3:23 pm: Neha

Hi… the picture is amazing and I wanna try them this weekend…

I have a quick question – can i use lemon zest instead orange zest?

• October 15, 2011 at 5:13 am: IsaChandra

I’d use a bit less, but sure!

• October 17, 2011 at 1:55 pm: Neha

Hi Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe…
    one of the best muffins ever !!! and no eggs… yet so moist and crumbly !!

i dint use the zest at all and that worked well… as my cranberries werent too sweet… so adding anything else more citrusy might have affected the flavour…

thanks again…

• October 17, 2011 at 2:14 pm: Neha

by the way… one more question…
    any other fruit you think can be subsituted for cranberry ?

• November 1, 2011 at 3:01 pm: diana

these are so amazing!! You rocked this one, Isa!
    I have to tell you, your recipes and cookbooks have made our 8 week (so far) venture into vegan cooking a doable thing. That is said while I cook for a family of 7, three kids having horrible food allergies, including many beans. I am finding lentils are our BEST friend…and who knew whipped up limas could be a stand in for refried beans! We don’t do other beans like chickpeas (dang) due to allergies, but I am becoming a master at substitution!
    keep cooking,Girl!

• November 2, 2011 at 4:15 am: IsaChandra

Thanks so much for letting me know! And yes, lentils are magic.

• November 5, 2011 at 12:04 pm: Jenny

There’s a distinct possibility my husband and I will polish off every one of these this morning. These are some of the best muffins I’ve ever made, easily, and the first time I’ve baked vegan (I’m not vegan, just out of eggs and not feeling like running to the store.) I’ll definitely be inclined to try baking vegan more often.

Mine had plenty of puff to them, but I didn’t level off the teaspoons of baking soda so the little extra may have done the trick?

• November 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm: Helene

My 18 months old baby, who is allergic to eggs, loves them. Thanks!

• November 23, 2011 at 1:19 am: Michele

oh. my. goodness!!! I had such high expectations after reading the comments and they have lived up & surpassed them! the challenge now is getting them home to my parents for thanksgiving breakfast before eating them all myself. THANKS :)

• December 8, 2011 at 7:51 pm: Julie

Whipped these up in about 5 minutes last night. Subbed whole wheat pastry flour instead of all purpose. These are crisp on the outside and moist, yet light and fluffy on the inside with a great cranberry “tang”. Great recipe – thanks Isa!

• December 15, 2011 at 3:14 pm: Maryam

This has become my go-to muffin recipe. I don’t need to remember to buy anything in advance, they take like a minute to assemble, and they always come out perfect. I LOVE THEM. I keep wondering if I could maybe substitute other fruit juices for orange juice and have infinitely variable muffins (which would make me happy forever), but I’m thinking that anything with a different acidity than orange juice would interact differently with the baking powder/soda and produce either sad blobs of unrisen muffin batter or a totally overflowing mess. Has anybody tried using other juices, and was it successful at all?

• December 18, 2011 at 8:01 pm: Caresse

going to try and make these gluten free today!! hoping they come out. they look so good!

• December 29, 2011 at 1:42 pm: Hannah

Oolala do I spy a reference to the song “Linger” by the Cranberries, or was that an accident??? Anyway, these look awesome and I cannot wait to bake them!

• January 4, 2012 at 11:16 am: Erisha

Love this recipe. Made them and they are absolutely moist. Made some changes for mine though. Added a 1/4 cup of milk and instead of oil, I used melted butter for more flavor. thanks a lot!

• January 5, 2012 at 1:38 am: Tricia

SO wanted these to work out…I experimented with some gluten free all purpose flour & they came out kind of gummey on the inside. *sigh

• January 24, 2012 at 6:48 pm: Jacqueline

These turned out excellent, I substituted half wholewheat flour for the all purpose flour, 1/2 applesauce for the oil and soaked dried cranberries in regular old no pulp oj and eliminated the zest because I didn’t have an orange. Even with all the modifications delicious!

• February 2, 2012 at 3:11 am: sarah

Could these get any better!? NO! This has quickly become my go to snack/treat! Their so quick and so simple to make, but you would never guess considering their so big on taste! One day I was out of walmuts and opted for almonds and they were just as good! Bless your heart for sharing this!

• February 18, 2012 at 3:53 am: Saraq

These muffins are amazing! I have made a couple batches this week using whole frozen cranberries stright from the freezer.
    They are a big hit.

• March 19, 2012 at 4:48 am: Rosamund

By far the BEST muffin recipe I have made. Crazy easy and ridiculously delicious. Thank you so much for all your recipes! Everyone I have tried has turned out perfect in taste and texture, much more so then any of my non-vegan baking ever did!

• August 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm: Andie

Wow! These are delish! I used dried cranberries but I reconstituted them with cranberry juice in the fridge overnight, I used 2 Tbl oil + 1/2 cup applesauce, and added 1/4 cup flax meal. These are so good.

• September 20, 2012 at 5:37 pm: Heather

I just made these–they are AWESOME.

• September 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm: Tara

These turned out perfectly! I was skeptical because I made the carrot muffins and they turned out a little gummy for me, but these had a great texture and don’t seem vegan at all! I was about 1/4 cup short on orange juice so I substituted a little lemon juice and water for the remainder. I will make these again and again!

• October 11, 2012 at 3:03 am: Tara

These are excellent. I’ve made the cranberry orange recipe and just tried an apple version. I do the low fat version and use 1 cup white flour and 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour. I replace the orange juice with apple cider, apple chunks for the cranberries, and use half cup of chopped walnuts. SO good! Better than my old non vegan recipe for sure!

• October 11, 2012 at 7:14 pm: Teresa

LOVE these muffins! MY variation on the recipe? Using Orange Extract in place of the Almond Extract…only because I didn’t happen to have Almond Extract in my kitchen! WOW! Such an awesome ORANGE flavor! MMMMMMMMMMMMM!

• October 19, 2012 at 6:46 pm: Andrea

I made these as Chocolate Orange Muffins today and they rock. Omit the nuts, sub out cranberries for vegan chocolate chips, sub out almond extract for orange extract. They taste like those whack-and-unwrap chocolate Christmas oranges. Mmmmm….

• November 25, 2012 at 11:06 pm: Jill Richley

I used cranberries and left over cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving and sliced almonds instead of walnuts. Turned out pretty good!

• November 29, 2012 at 3:57 am: Manuela

Oh my these are AMAZING!!!! AND my house smells unbelievable! Thx so much!

• December 1, 2012 at 7:39 pm: Ginny

Use whole wheat pastry flour for 1 cup of the flour, add in 1 Tbsp of grown flax for more fiber and omega-3 s and cut oil in half for healthier muffins with just as much flavor.

• December 3, 2012 at 12:32 am: Megan

I added a few choc chips to each muffin as I poured them into the muffin tin and used dried cranberries. Aaaaaaaaaaaaamazing! Only five are left. They are getting gobbled up. Will be making as Christmas gifts for friends. :)

• December 10, 2012 at 12:12 am: Emily

Lovers of all things lemon-flavored should know these are great with 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup orange juice, and lemon zest.

• January 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm: emmygee

Just wanted to say that I made these oil-free (using all applesauce) and with spelt flour, and they are ridiculous–so tasty, and with a beautiful, moist dense-but-not-too-denseness. I’ve snarfed two in two minutes and have to keep taking a break from typing this to slap my hand away from the rest. Plus I feel so damn righteous it’s scary.

• January 28, 2013 at 2:45 am: BabaGanoush

I’ve made this twice and love them, but I’d like to make them as big as the muffins you would get at a Dunkin’ Donuts. The disposable muffin tins I used at first were like cupcakes and the one my wife just bought for me is the same size. Does anyone have the big tins and know the manufacturer and model for one?

• February 18, 2013 at 9:10 pm: Judy

I made these today and they are super! Thank you.

• February 22, 2013 at 4:56 pm: Elaine

can you still make this with dry cranberries??

• March 6, 2013 at 12:07 pm: yael

I used Whole grain spelt flour and it worked really well! just add a bit of liquid, i added 3-4 TABLESPOONS of non dairy milk…was great! didn’t rise a lot but that ok, it’s because of the spelt.
    amazing recipe!

• March 28, 2013 at 7:42 am: Lenamarie

Is it okay to use coconut oil in place of canola oil???

• April 9, 2013 at 12:16 pm: tofulish

Wow! These are so good! The orange juice tastes so refreshing in the batter! I cut the oil in half and subbed apple sauce and the batch was fluffy and perfect. I think these are my new go-to muffins!

• May 27, 2013 at 2:33 pm: Laura

Love, love, love these muffins. So easy and delicious. I hesitate to try any others because these are the best! Thanks!

• August 29, 2013 at 2:26 am: Lisa

I do not understand why I waited so long to make these muffins. I saw the picture in your book years ago and was impressed. But I’ve never been a huge fan of muffins. I just made a batch tonight and now I’m going to bed dreaming about the muffins I’m having for breakfast in the morning. They explode with flavor. I think I’m really starting to become a vegan baking convert. Yikes! Don’t tell my family and friends. They’ll be upset… until they taste these recipes.

• October 6, 2013 at 6:11 pm: Patricia

Just pulled these out of the oven, and all I have to say is wow! I used the apple sauce version and they are fabulous. Fluffy, fruity (not too bitter nor too sweet for my small kids) and overall gorgeous in both looks and taste. Great recipe.

• October 24, 2013 at 11:29 pm: Nancy

Amazing! Don’t why why I search the net when I should just come here! I should know that cuz I have your other books which are awesome too!

There turned out amazing. Love them!

If you decide to do a baby/toddler food book, I’ll be the first in line!

• November 7, 2013 at 5:54 am: Bettina

YUMMY!!!!

• December 1, 2013 at 4:38 am: Fiona

These were very nice! I used whole wheat pastry flour, 1/4 cup avocado oil, 1 grated apple, and brown sugar because that’s all I had. The fresh cranberries are the best part!

• December 2, 2013 at 6:59 pm: Julie

My kiddo & I are currently devouring these gems! Yummy! He’s already had 2 & going for more! I was looking for a use for my extra cranberries and we needed lunch/snacks for this week. These certainly fit the bill. Awesome recipe…as always.

• December 3, 2013 at 2:30 am: Cath

these came out sooooo good. I was looking for something to make with my leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving and this came up. These are great for someone like me who doesn’t have a big sweet tooth the cranberries add a nice tart punch! :)

• December 3, 2013 at 9:28 pm: Paula

The best muffins EVER! I make my own almond milk and used one cup of almond meal and one cup of all purpose flour…..

• December 5, 2013 at 7:53 pm: Cate Berry

Just popped these in he oven. Made a few changes to the recipe. Used coconut oil instead of canola and blended small oranges after zest ing them to make the orange juice. Left out the nuts as they add lots of calories. We already eat raw nuts so we get the benefit. They smell great already. Can’t wait to try them.

• January 5, 2014 at 12:09 am: Catherine

Tip: This recipe makes 16-18 muffins in std pans. I added the almond extract at the same time as the vanilla. I subbed with grape seed oil. Turned out Wonderful. Giant Eagles in Columbus Ohio had cranberries at 50 cents a bag clearance this week. Thanks for posting this yummy stuff. Has anyone substituted any applesauce for some of the oil?

• January 9, 2014 at 12:28 am: Katurah

Isa, bless your heart! These muffins are simply fantastic! I cut the sugar to half a cup (I find this the ideal amount for a dozen muffins of any sort) and sprinkled a little on top. Also, a general FYI, it takes about 3 oranges for the amounts required above. The flavor of these muffins is exceptional – and they have one of the best “crumbs” of any muffins I have ever made – very light. I also used walnuts and ground them coarsely. Thank you for this great recipe!

• January 9, 2014 at 12:31 am: Keturah

PS – I made one dozen muffins from this recipe – and that filled the cups full.

• February 1, 2014 at 6:49 pm: Karen

Nice, fluffy, slightly sweet, and yummy. I subbed in 1/4 cup of very ripened smashed avocado for 1/4 cup of the oil and added 2Tbs flax meal, just to add a little more health content. My cranberries were thawed since i froze them in the fall. Super tart! Next time I’m going to pulse them a bit more in my processor for smaller chunks and maybe even try to coat them with sugar and let them sit in that for a few minutes. While the smashed avocado didn’t affect flavor, it did add a greenish tint to the muffin, which seemed Christmas-y :-)
    Thanks for this yummy vegan recipe! Delicious!

• March 13, 2014 at 4:44 am: Kellie

These are so good! And for those on WW, they are 4 points plus points when using the applesauce substitution and skipping the nuts. With 1/2 cup of nuts, it brings it to 5.

If made with oil, it would be 6 points vs 7 for the nutty version (using half the nuts)

Love love love these!

• April 30, 2014 at 5:11 pm: muffin

These were amazing! I used less cranberries, but they certainly had enough. They are really wonderful, even with whole wheat flour, which I thought would really make them dense, but on the contrary they were light and fluffy.

• August 4, 2014 at 4:47 pm: Mana

I love muffins!!!!! I added some chocolate to this and hopefully it will turn out great!

• September 20, 2014 at 12:56 am: social media syllabus

I loved as much as you will receive carried out
    right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be
    delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

• September 25, 2014 at 1:53 pm: uk car shipping

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and
    now each time a comment is added I get several emails with the same
    comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?

Thank you!

• November 29, 2014 at 8:50 pm: Andrea

Made ‘em and they were fabulous!