August 18, 2009

Tempeh Helper

I have a few guiding principles and one is “You’re never too busy to update your blog.” I mean, spacing out over a game of Facebook Scrabble rather than talking about split pea soup is pretty much the extent of it. So I am not going to start this by saying I’ve been too busy, more like it’s fallen to the wayside and every time I think about it I get this little pang of guilt. Which brings me to another guiding principle which is “No one cares if you update your blog.” I mean, really. With that weight off my shoulders, it was a lot easier to update this god forsaken thing.

Okay, so maybe I’m not busy, but my mom sure as hell was. Three kids, two jobs, no husband to speak of (well, none that was any help)…you know the story. So most of the action that our stove top saw came from a box. Still, it was fun to help her put away groceries, open cartons and put together dinner. And because chopping veggies and throwing a bunch of spices and pasta into a pan would take 15 minutes of time and energy she didn’t have, we’d dump in the box of Hamburger Helper and that was that. So yeah, I was practically raised by that happy little oven mitt with a face.

Is this a good father figure?

Now, of course, I know better. That box is wasteful and full of nasty ingredients and that happy face oven mitt is actually planning on strangling you.  And of course meat is murder. But I still get a taste for the helper; the comforting aroma, the meaty bites, the chewy pasta that maybe gets a little burned on the bottom of the pan. And oh yeah, let me top that off with a velvety processed cheese food product.

My version still comes together in one pot. I use tempeh for a succulent bite and, although I usually cringe at the idea of granulated garlic and onion flakes, that’s what really gives this authenticity. Tiny quinoa shells are quick cooking thanks to their diminutive size, and a nice healthy (and gluten free!) alternative to semolina pasta, but you can use whatever kind you like (even though I just totally looked down on all other pastas.) No chopping or prepping required, just throw a handful of frozen peas in at the end to give a little green. If you’d like to quadruple this mix to have on hand, keep it refrigerated and just scoop out a heaping 1/4 cup full whenever you get the hankering.

The cheezy sauce is super simple, too, and because the whole meal is so very Rachael Ray, I gave it a silly sounding title. What I really love about the sauce is that there is no added fat, because we all love that New Farm recipe, but we don’t necessarily need a stick of margarine for dinner. If tempeh is usually too bitter for you, you can steam the tempeh for 10 minutes before proceeding. Make the sauce while the pasta is is cooking and you should have this on the table in about 30 minutes.

Tempeh Helper
Makes 4 roughly one cup servings (serves 2 if you’re super hungry)

1 tablespoon olive oil
8 oz tempeh
3 cups water
6 oz small shell pasta, or about a cup (I used quinoa pasta)
A handful frozen peas, about 1/4 cup

For the seasoning mix:
2 teaspoons onion flakes
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon mild chili powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoon broth powder (I used Frontier chicken-style broth)
2 teaspoons arrowroot or corn starch
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste

Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Have a lid at the ready because you’ll need to cover it at some point.

Drizzle the oil in the pan and tear the tempeh into bite sized pieces, adding them to the pan. Saute for about 5 minutes, until tempeh is lightly browned. In the meantime, mix the seasoning together in a mixing bowl.

Add a few tablespoons of water to the tempeh to deglaze the pan. Add the 3 cups of water and seasoning mix, giving a good stir to get it all mixed in. Add the pasta and cover. Bring the heat up to a boil. Once boiling, you can reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring once. Remove the lid, and cook until the sauce is reduced and thickened to your liking, usually about 3 minutes. Taste for salt.

Serve topped with Eazy Breezy Cheezy Sauce.

Eazy Breezy Cheezy Sauce
Makes 2 cups

3/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons onion flakes
1/4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1/8 ground turmeric
2 tablespoons broth powder (I used Frontier chicken-style broth)
2 cups water
1 teaspoon yellow mustard

Add nutritional yeast, flour, garlic, onion flakes, salt, turmeric and broth powder to a bowl and mix together. Add 2 cups water and use a fork to mix and beat out any big lumps. Once relatively smooth, pour into a 2 quart sauce pot. Turn heat up to medium high and stir often for about 5 minutes. Once boiling, bring it down to a slow boil. It should start bubbling and thickening. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring almost constantly, until it has a thick, smooth melted cheese consistency.

Mix in mustard and taste for salt. Serve hot or warm.

• August 18, 2009 at 9:25 pm: mandee

Yum! We don’t have Hamburger Helper here in Aus but I want to try Tempeh Helper anyway.

• August 18, 2009 at 10:52 pm: Ash

oh my god. this gets printed out and promptly placed on the very top of the “recipes i must try” pile!

• August 18, 2009 at 11:47 pm: Laura

This is totally reppin’ my childhood right now!! The memories are sure to flood back when I make this! yuuuum!!!

• August 18, 2009 at 11:49 pm: Peter

Tempeh needs all the help it can get. :p

• August 19, 2009 at 1:09 am: Nora

Looks so good, even though I’ve never had real Hamburger Helper!

• August 19, 2009 at 1:48 am: KiKi

oh, I am just getting to know the elusive Tempeh (honestly, – why don’t the few Asian Stores around carry it ???) and am always glad for any suggestion, – and this looks totally like itstartedwithafish-family-food !

Thanx !

• August 19, 2009 at 3:53 am: Melisser

Yep, I think I’m pretty in to this for nostalgia’s sake.

• August 19, 2009 at 5:19 am: melanie eight

need to try this!!

• August 19, 2009 at 5:34 am: Jojo

I’ve never heard of hamburger helper but your version sure looks delicious!

• August 19, 2009 at 8:18 am: Mary

We were too poor for meals that came in boxes–we just had dry, baked hamburgers made with the really fatty, cheap meat. They needed help for sure, but never got it.

I love tempeh, and a little garlic and onion powder never hurt anyone. Sounds like comfort food to me! I’ll save this recipe for winter when I’m not melting.

• August 19, 2009 at 9:03 am: BigSis

Oh my word, we ate tons of Hamburger Helper when we were kids. And don’t get me started on the other things we ate…probably why I’ve been vegetarian for 15 years! Dare I say it…potted meat? Vienna sausages? Bologna? Anyway, I’m always looking for a new way to use tempeh, and this looks awesome!

• August 19, 2009 at 9:45 am: k

I can’t wait to try this. I made a “taco night pasta” recipe from family circle that used crumbles, pasta, beans, tomatoes and sauce-totally reminded me of when my dad made hamburger helper for us when my mom worked nights. I love to take forever in the kitchen but I don’t always have the time-so the dad’s night/lazy recipes are great. Take RR to school!

• August 19, 2009 at 10:06 am: Desdemona

My kids will definitely go for this; I’m making it the minute the weather cools off!

• August 19, 2009 at 10:16 am: dragonfly pie

Mm, looks pretty good. This is something to save for the fall, which, in Austin, will get here by…December.

• August 19, 2009 at 10:41 am: erica

My mother tried several times introducing HH during my childhood, but I was never keen to the taste. Sad to say it but box spaghetti dinner was my dinner of choice.

• August 19, 2009 at 12:57 pm: Heather @ Vegan Deluxe

Looks wonderful! I have about 532 packages of tempeh in my fridge right now, so definitely will give this a try. I used to love hamburger helper. My other favorite past dish was tuna noodle casserole. Creamy, dreamy and delicious!

• August 19, 2009 at 2:05 pm: Josiane

I’m among those who’ve never had Hamburger Helper, and it never sounded appealing to me… but Tempeh Helper? That’s another story entirely! Can’t wait to try your recipe!

• August 19, 2009 at 2:27 pm: veggievixen

i have honestly never had hamburger helper in my life (unless it was before i can remember) but this is still exciting. hamburger helper commercials make me cringe, but i’m all for homemade! thanks for the recipe.

• August 19, 2009 at 5:02 pm: Skyla

I assume that’s supposed to be 3/4 cup of nooch?

• August 19, 2009 at 5:22 pm: andrea devon

isa- you are wrong: we do care if you update your blog! i love your humor and joy and fun recipes… and i check more often than i want to admit! now i just have to go update my own blog! aloha, andrea

• August 19, 2009 at 6:14 pm: IsaChandra

Thanks Skyla, I fixed it!

• August 19, 2009 at 8:25 pm: Jennie Walker

i’m all too familiar with hamburger helper…. and what a chuckle I got out of this post!

Love your cookbooks!

• August 19, 2009 at 10:18 pm: Amanda

Not a fan of tempeh (sorry all you tempeh lovers!) but I may give this a try with garbanzos or tofu. And I’m definitely looking forward to making the cheese sauce!

• August 19, 2009 at 11:04 pm: IsaChandra

Amanda, I think it would totally work with tofu or seitan, no prob. If using beans, maybe add 1/4 cup less liquid since it won’t absorb as much.

• August 20, 2009 at 9:02 am: Rachel J

Awesome. I made it last night! Even pleased my picky husband. Comfort food indeed. Thanks!

• August 20, 2009 at 9:51 am: Ricki

This brings back SUCH childhood memories! My father banned Hamburger Helper in our house (because of chemicals, not meat) so we never had it at home, and it was a super treat to have it at my best friend’s house (whose mom served it almost daily). I cannot wait to try this tempeh version! I already love tempeh–I’m sure this will make it that much better. :)

• August 20, 2009 at 12:10 pm: Shellyfish

Just have to say, freaking loved your post – really. Funny and true. But not funny. This will be delicious.

• August 20, 2009 at 1:57 pm: Krystyna

I always wanted my mom to buy hamburger helper when I was younger, but darnit, she was just too health conscious and I was never ‘lucky’ enough to stay for dinner at a friend’s place when they were having it. So, seeing this recipe here got me pretty excited to try a veganized version of the stuff. I enjoyed it. It didn’t remind my taste buds of anything sadly, but I can see how something like it would be considered comfort food. The seasoning probably tastes quite a bit like what comes in the box, though I oversalted a little bit. Really liked the cheezy sauce and the tempeh turned out really nice.

So thanks for satiating my curiousity!

• August 20, 2009 at 5:56 pm: Bianca- Vegan Crunk

I, too, was raised on the Helper! My mom is an awesome cook, but some nights, she just wasn’t feelin’ it. And that was cool, cause I loved Hamburger Helper as much as mom’s home cookin’ anyway. Is that blasphemy? I felt typing it just now.

Oh well. I also lived on this stuff made with ground Morningstar crumbles when I was a college-age vegetarian living on, like, $10 a week.

So I’m very, very thankful for this recipe! It’s so going on the top of my “things to make soon” list.

• August 20, 2009 at 5:57 pm: Bianca- Vegan Crunk

I mean, “I felt bad typing it just now.” God, I’ve gotta start proofing my comments before hitting submit.

• August 21, 2009 at 9:50 am: Andrea

I don’t remember eating hamburger helper – we ate our hamburger straight up – but Rice-a-Roni – oh yeah.

• August 23, 2009 at 8:43 am: bry

oh yes…this rocks. i love that things such as this will be my daughter’s childhood staples. then again, think she’ll end up blogging about how her mom spent too much time in the kitchen and share with the world meals she discovers from boxes? yeah…probably. ;) thanks, isa!

• August 23, 2009 at 3:25 pm: morgan

Wow, nice one. Looks effin’ delishes!

• August 25, 2009 at 1:38 pm: kimmykokonut

I didn’t have the hamburger helper as a kid, I remember the velveeta shells and cheese. So I’m a big fan of shells with any saucy dish and look forward to yet another use for tempeh. It’s magical.

• August 25, 2009 at 3:54 pm: Krunsdogs

Yes, I too grew up on hamburger helper. My Mom was a single mom that worked and tried to put a hot meal on the table every evening for my brother and me. I even remember making it myself when she was too busy working.
    This is a version I can eat and it will bring back memories of my Mom. :) Thanks!

• August 25, 2009 at 9:50 pm: michelle

yahhh! im so glad your back…i missed reading about your cooking adventures!

• August 26, 2009 at 1:04 am: Mel

Love the recipe. Thanks for that. But now I’m going to have nightmares tonight about that creepy hand. :(

• August 27, 2009 at 8:08 pm: M

Eating it now. Pretty dang tasty. I’m assuming the frozen peas get thrown in the pot with the pasta? That’s what I did and it seemed to work.

• August 27, 2009 at 10:10 pm: Heather

This looks so good! We’re definitely going to make it. My husband is practically drooling. Thanks for sharing, Isa!

• August 28, 2009 at 3:32 pm: A

“that happy face oven mitt is actually planning on strangling you”
    LOL!! Hilarious! Great looking recipe too!
    -A

• August 29, 2009 at 9:31 am: Pratima

Wonderful recipe. It made a very rich and comforting meal. The broth powder that I used already had salt in it (I didn’t realize this when I made it) so the final product was a bit too salty. Otherwise, it was delicious.

• August 30, 2009 at 5:19 am: viedma

This was so good paired with a nice simple tomato soup for last night’s meal. I now have a tempeh helper thought balloon that refuses to pop. Midnight snack, anyone?

• August 31, 2009 at 10:21 am: theeandersons

YUM! I’ll have to leave out the peas. The men in this house do not eat peas.

• August 31, 2009 at 10:28 am: beastmomma

I know that this is not a place to gush about your awesomeness, but I have been enjoying two of your cookbooks. I got so excited that I wrote an ode to you: http://beastmomma.squarespace.com/life-from-the-belly-of-the-bea/ode-to-isa-chandra-moskowitz.html

• September 3, 2009 at 6:49 pm: Amelia

I am going to attempt this tomorrow… alas with some variations as I don’t have the onion/garlic powders or small shell pasta, but I do have chopped garlic/shallots and oversized penne pasta lol. Oh and no peas… But tempeh plus garlic/onion/herbs tastes amazing anyway :)

• September 10, 2009 at 12:48 pm: Bee

This was great. I am having the leftovers as I type. I had to use rotini, and I only had the veggie broth paste, but it came together perfectly and i love it. Woo!

• September 15, 2009 at 6:21 pm: Vegetarian Man

Sounds delicious. Will try it tonite.

• September 20, 2009 at 3:46 pm: Kiwi

Thanks for this alternative version of HH. I must admit, I’m still addicted to HH (we make it with Lumen instead of cow, and add a handful of “healthy pasta” and peas to the mix, but otherwise follow the box). So easy to fall into old habits when everyone is tired at the end of the day. The kids liked your tempeh version, so hoping we can break the HH habit. Will probably premix the seasonings for future use to make it more convenient for those busy nights. Can the cheezy sause be premixed too (with exception of the water), or would it go funny?

• January 19, 2010 at 10:31 pm: Natalie

I haven’t made this recipe so I don’t know if this cheese sauce would keep well if mixed in advance (probably will if you just mix the dry ingredients) but I thought I’d direct you to this recipe that I use all the time, which is good for a couple weeks in the fridge, if you can go that long without eating it all.

Even though we hardly ever ate Hamburger Helper growing up, I’d still like to give this a try because I’ve been meaning to eat more tempeh and anything that involves few pots and pans is a must try for me!

• February 12, 2010 at 10:45 am: Dan Buzza

A Complete Blog about how to cook LACTO-OVO-VEGETARIAN dishes.

• April 3, 2010 at 12:51 am: Jace

You got some great ideas there. I did a search on the issue and learnt most peoples will agree with your blog.

• May 9, 2010 at 2:54 pm: kara

SO delicious! our new favorite quick lunch! mmmmmmm.

• November 13, 2010 at 12:02 pm: Roxie

I made this last night and OMG soooooo good!! I used vegetable broth paste and vegetable radiatori pasta. Amazing. I’m definitely going to premix the dry stuff to have on hand and make it even faster. The cheese sauce was fantastic. Thank you so much for this blog, and to the comments for being so helpful as well!

• November 17, 2010 at 12:19 am: vulchy

easy, tasty, and filling. i loved it.

• November 30, 2010 at 11:06 pm: Clara

I went vegetarian after years of HH. Funny how after 12 years as a vegetarian, the last 2 as a vegan, I now find myself searching vegan online retailers for HH subs. Since I’d rather cook from scratch, should have thought–check ppk :)

• December 17, 2010 at 12:12 am: Jessica

Very tasty and easy. Thank you!

• January 9, 2011 at 12:27 am: reilly

About to try this! I ate Hamburger Helper a lot as a kid, mostly the stroganoff kind (you should get on that, Isa!). Thanks for the memories! ;)

• January 21, 2011 at 1:01 am: Sarah

Good recipe. Put too much salt in, but I was being a little too liberal with it. A lot of cheese sauce, but grateful for it! The cheese sauce is surprisingly good and might put it on other things in the future.

• February 18, 2011 at 3:45 am: Chelsea

I haven’t tried the Tempeh Helper bit of this recipe (soon though), but I made the cheeze sauce and I LOVE IT. I used garlic and onion powder instead of the granules and flakes and it was still delicious. I used it to make an unbaked mac-and-cheese type dish with whole wheat penne and veggies, and it was ridiculous good.

• March 12, 2011 at 12:01 am: Love

I’m gonna try this with TVP instead of tempeh, it looks amazing!

• March 30, 2011 at 4:45 am: Erin

This is AMAZING! a must-try!

• May 13, 2011 at 1:34 am: Cecilia

This was delicious and super easy! I will definitely make this again.

• July 11, 2011 at 11:58 am: Aj

This was a big hit in my house!!! My neighbors kept coming over to help themselves lmao…I was like ummmm hello get ur own! Great job Isa because I was just talking to a friend about recreating a hh alternarive for vegheadz like moi…n viola you step in and save the day!!! Yay Isa!!! I loved the cheezy sauce but Im leaving out the mustard next because its sooo good w/o it, but other than that this recipe is a sure keeper.

• July 26, 2011 at 10:02 pm: Heather

Tried this today and it came out great. Didnt use the cheezy sauce and it was still plenty delicious :)

• October 7, 2011 at 12:28 am: Joleanna

OMG THIS IS INCREDIBE! thankfully i made this on a day i reaallllly needed comfort food however unthankfully i almost ate the whole pan…. also my 3 yr old with swallowing problems was able to gobble up the tempeh mashed in the nooch sauce much to his delight :) thanks for a great recipe!

• October 12, 2011 at 12:06 am: Meg @ The Snarky Chickpea

I made a batch for dinner tonight and it was excellent. I did add a little more pasta and peas, but that is just because it’s my personal taste. Otherwise, the spice and taste were great! I do appreciate you sharing the recipe with us. Rock on and cook hard.

• October 20, 2011 at 8:13 pm: Erika

I made this last night and was blown away by how delicious, easy and gorgeous it was. The flavor of the spice mix brought back really happy memories of my beloved late father who often cooked HH for us. Had he stuck around I think he would have enjoyed the tempeh version just as much. (Boy did he love onion flakes.) Thank you Isa for making vegan cooking so fun for me. I haved moved to veganism just recently and your recipes have really made it so I look forward to coming home and cooking my dinner. Blue flannel hash, roasted brussel sprouts, scrambled tofu, basic scrambled tempeh and the tempeh helper are all I have tried, and all were winners. Kudos to you for your good work making life better for animals and people.

• November 23, 2011 at 2:10 am: Joy

Oh wow this was delicious. I have never had the actual brand Hamburger Helper, but I was excited to try this recipe. I was fresh out of broth powder, so I skipped that and doubled the garlic. Instead of water, I cooked everything in mushroom broth and it came out with that deep, earthy quality you might expect from a beef stew. I love that the ingredients are so simple–stuff that we vegans mostly have on hand. An omnivore offal-loving friend popped over for an impromptu dinner and this meal was on the table shortly after. He was so impressed and intrigued that his reaction was, “this meal makes me feel optimistic about the future.” Isa: you make it so easy to be an ambassador for a delicious, compassionate lifestyle–thank you!!

• December 3, 2011 at 11:40 am: Sadie

Could I use vegetable broth instead of the broth powder and water?

• December 3, 2011 at 7:03 pm: IsaChandra

Yep!

• February 4, 2012 at 10:07 pm: Roxy

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making a recipe I always thought would be a great idea, but I was never savvy or ambitious enough to pull together. It may have just rescued my man friend from an insufferable hangover and me from lazy weeknights eating just one more burrito. I didn’t notice the direction “Serve topped with Eazy Breezy Cheezy Sauce” in Appetite for Reduction and just mixed it all together. Was good that way but I think topped would have been better. It tasted pretty good without the cheezy sauce dare I say.

• March 15, 2012 at 4:02 am: MLQuack

This was great and I must have been super hungry because it barely served 2! My boyfriend went back for seconds and I was like we ate it all! Need to double it for the next time. Very creative use of tempeh..way better than original HH!

• July 22, 2012 at 7:46 pm: Leia

I made this without the peas or cheese sauce, but it was really, really good anyway.

Thank-you. ^_^

• September 25, 2012 at 10:03 pm: Jazzy

One recipe yields only one serving for my cave man (but vegan loving) of a husband! lol! doubled the recipe…. for some spunk I throw some broccoli in their! w00t w00t! Thank you!!!

• December 23, 2012 at 3:56 am: brittany

Isa, I LOVED this recipe the first time ::Swoon::
    But since then, I can’t get the cheesy sauce to work. It never boils on medium heat and when i turn it up a little and it finally does, the flour mostly separates and sticks to the bottom.
    I’ve tried sifting, I even used my ninja to blend the sauce once before simmering.
    Thoughts? Ideas? Thanks so much!

• December 29, 2012 at 10:55 pm: Vanessa

Want.

• February 6, 2013 at 5:24 pm: Lisa

Thoroughly enjoyed this the other night, it was fun introducing my kids to the world of hamburger helper culture. I can see this becoming a family favorite.

• February 9, 2013 at 1:00 pm: Cat

If I don’t have broth powder can I use normal bullion cubes?

• February 9, 2013 at 5:31 pm: IsaChandra

Sure, so long as they dissolve nicely!

• June 5, 2013 at 7:11 pm: Jenn

Comfort food heaven in a bowl! I don’t know why I haven’t made this before, it was fantastic! It is absolutely going into the rotation.

• June 10, 2013 at 7:06 am: NFA Trust Texas

I like this dish, but I’m all for creamy foods. My husband and I could eat this every week. I have only tried it with steamed tempeh though. I have put broccoli in it, but I will have to try it with zucchini next time.

• June 18, 2013 at 9:05 pm: Tofulish

This was so good! I don’t even generally like tempeh, but my daughter and I lapped this one up. It was just so hearty! Is there any way to make something like this in a slowcooker for those hot days that you just can’t bear to heat up the kitchen?

• July 16, 2013 at 2:28 pm: Lisa P.

We love tempeh helper around here, it’s made my kids curios about the original recipe, which thank God they will never try (hopefully). FYI for a no oil version, I chop up the tempeh in a food processor first then bake it in the oven until crispy, and add it to the pasta and seasoning mix.

• July 24, 2013 at 12:27 am: laser hair removing london

short hairstyles can also be put out in many different ways but it all depends on how the fire
    started. They give people achance to do some exercise
    even as they take a rest from all the other worries. A police complaint is lodged only if Short Hairstyles equipment remains uninstalled.
    The electrical extension cords that may extend behind furniture.
    For example, there are now special types of the inexpensive
    detectors in the home. 3 million It wasn’t immediately clear how old the infractions Mrs.

• August 20, 2013 at 12:31 am: Lisa C

when do you add the sauce and the peas?

• September 18, 2013 at 11:15 pm: Justine

Super easy and cheap with TVP! :) yummm!

• October 26, 2013 at 10:36 pm: Lisa

I liked this recipe but being relatively new to tempeh I wasn’t expecting the softer texture. I would love to do this recipe again, but I think I’ll use something denser like seitan or meatless crumbles.

• November 27, 2013 at 9:16 am: 2014 Honda Pilot

This site truly has all the information I needed concerning
    this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

• January 8, 2014 at 4:17 am: Leah

Really delicious! Mine turned out saucier than the photo but that’s not a bad thing. We also put some frozen corn in there. And we used macaroni noodles because that’s all we had. Thank you again for a hearty, delicious, comforting, perfect dinner for a cold night to share with my love!

• January 8, 2014 at 9:32 am: naturecreature

Followed this recipe exact except with tofu since we were out of tempeh and my 7 yr old kept asking,”Is this beef?” Is this beef?” even though we haven’t had beef in 2 1/2 years since going vegan. Super for a healthier veg rendition of a quick fix!

• January 18, 2014 at 8:05 pm: thea

Not sure if this was asked prior, but what is broth powder? can I just use broth???

• February 15, 2014 at 7:37 am: Karen Patrick

Looks delicious and easy to make. I’m going to try making this. Perhaps I can add it to my go to dishes.

• April 8, 2014 at 5:42 pm: Vicki

Totally awesome, My husband made it was really good, loved the cheese sauce.

• June 17, 2014 at 1:10 am: madcityfoot

Oh, I am usually so good, but I obviously have never had hamburger helper…I cooked the noodles then added and ended up with soup :(